Thursday, July 12, 2012

Call Me, Maybe

I'm sure you've heard the song and seen the "dancing" videos, just as we have.

When Tom and I traveled to Wisconsin for the wedding of our dear friend, Beth, a couple of weekends ago, we heard "Call Me, Maybe" at least 10 times on the radio. It was stuck in my head to the point that when we arrived home I pulled up one of the videos on YouTube and started playing it for the kids. When they started rocking out we started filming, and after all was said and done we ended up with 15 videos. Here are just six of the 15, edited down so that you can get the gist of their performances without having to spend your entire afternoon watching videos.

Will starts things off on his own.
(This was Will's very first foray into lip-syncing, in case you can't tell.)


Then the girls join in.


Then Lily loses interest.


Then Lily does her best to keep Will from continuing his performance.


Then Lily gives the feet dance a try.


And finally, Will and Hallie bring it on home, sans Lily.


I love how "in to" the dance Will got, but even more than that, I love how - throughout all 15 videos - Hallie keeps her hands in tightly balled fists, never smiles, and looks like she's slowly beating the crap out of someone. I'd hate to run into that little pipsqueak in a dark alley...

No comments: