Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Vacation: Council Bluffs, IA

After a week in Lincoln, Nebraska, we drove across the Nebraska/Iowa border to Council Bluffs for my cousin Amy's wedding (for which Grandpa Paul, Sara, Tom, and I provided the music) and a family reunion. The weekend was short, but it was great to see and spend a little time with my aunts, uncles, and cousins, some of whom I hadn't seen in years. (At least one of my cousins had never met Hallie before.)
Our house had a great swimming pool with a diving board
and a basketball hoop, which the kids - especially Will - loved.
Baby Carter tried out Hallie's headband. He clearly love it.
Working on our nails the night before the wedding.
Singing at the ceremony.
The boys.
Dance party.
Hanging with my kiddos.
Will and my cousin, Val.
Hallie and my cousin, Emily. Hallie looks
miserable, but I promise she was having a good time.
Grandma, Grandpa, and Will.
The girls.
After a whirlwind two days we redistributed people and luggage and headed back out onto the open road...Tom to College Station to head back to work, and the kids and I - along with Grandma Brenda and Grandpa Paul - to Madison where we regrouped, unpacked, and repacked for a few days up at the Lodge.

No comments: